Chicken soup is one of the typical dishes of the city of Klaten, Central Java, which has a very good taste, fresh and can be used as lunch or dinner. Especially if it is enjoyed when it is cloudy or it rains.
To make this soup is very easy, you only need a few basic ingredients that are always available in the kitchen, namely garlic, pepper, ginger, galangal, bay leaves, lime leaves and there are several other additional ingredients that are easily found in the market.
The cooking process is quite simple and doesn't take a long time. Interested in making it? Come on, let's prepare the ingredients.
- 1 chicken, clean then cut into pieces according to taste
- 1 lime
- 1 leek, cut into small pieces
- 2 whole celery strands
- Sugar, salt, mushroom flavoring to taste
- A little oil for sauteing
- 500 ml of boiled water
Ground spices :
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 segment of ginger
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 1 segment of galangal, crushed
- 3 pieces of lime leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lemongrass stalks crushed
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamom grains
- 1 medium stick of cinnamon
- 1 aceang flower
Supplementary material :
- Sliced celery
- Sliced green onion
- Lime fried onion
- Chili sauce, soy sauce
How to make:
- The chicken pieces are given lime juice to get rid of the fishy smell of the chicken. Let stand for about 15 minutes then rinse using running water until clean, set aside.
- Pour a little oil into the pan, saute ground spices until fragrant, add the spices. Add water, cook and let it boil.
- Enter the chicken, add sugar, salt, mushroom flavoring then stir and let it return until cooked. Don't forget to correct the taste, ok?
- Add the chopped spring onions and celery leaves, stir again until the chicken stock comes out.
- Turn off the stove, put the soup into a serving bowl.
- Soup is ready to be served along with other complementary ingredients.
- To make soy sauce, just prepare 3 cloves of garlic, fried 5 cayenne pepper until cooked then place it on a pestle. Grind together a little salt until smooth. Add soy sauce according to taste.