Hong Pork Recipe
Just enjoying the Chinese New Year holiday at home, of course, is incomplete without the presence of a delicious food menu for your family, moms. For those of you who are non-Muslim, you can make one of the dishes such as Hong Pork.
Hong pork is a typical Chinese food, which has been a mainstay menu from generation to generation when Chinese New Year arrives. This one food is perfect for all people, because it has a soft, chewy and delicious taste.
To make Hong Pork at home is not difficult, mom, it only requires a few ingredients and simple kitchen tools. So you really can make one dish of food like this at home.
Okay, without lingering, let's just try to make Hong Pig at home.
Ingredients for making hong pork
- 1 kg of samcan pork
- 4-5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tbsp fine salt
- tea water
Ingredients of salted mustard:
- 1 bunch of dried salted mustard greens
- 1 tbsp ground garlic
Ingredients for soy sauce:
- 100 cc soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ground garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 300-400 cc of water
Steps to make Hong Pig:
- To make delicious Hong Pork, you have to first prepare the pork, cut the pork lengthwise about 10 cm. cut until finished, then boil the pork together with salt to taste for 30 minutes.
- Remove the boiled pork, then let it cool. Skewers of pork, then pour the vinegar water back and forth, then sprinkle with salt.
- Dry the pork that mom has processed under direct sunlight, so that the texture becomes tougher and chewy. Mama better position the skin on top. Maybe if there is no hot sun, mama can use another alternative, namely by putting the pork in the refrigerator, and keep it for 12 hours without needing a cover.
- After that, the pork is ready to cook. prepare a frying pan and heat the oil. fry the pork and try not to touch the bottom of the pan. fry until brownish. do this until the pork that mama prepared runs out.
- After the pork is cooked, put it in the tea solution until everything is completely immersed for about 30 minutes.
- While waiting for Hong Pork to be ready, mama can prepare other ingredients such as salted mustard greens. Wash all the mustard greens that Mama has prepared, then cut them according to taste. add hioko mushrooms as well.
- Prepare a frying pan and heat the oil, saute the ground spices until it smells good. then add the salted mustard greens. add a little sugar, stir until fragrant and evenly distributed. Add a little more water, and saute until the water is reduced. remove and set aside first.
- Now it's the turn to make the soy sauce, mix the ingredients for the broth that mama prepared earlier, add a little water. stir until evenly distributed.
- Take the dipped meat, coat it with soy sauce. Arrange the meat in a bowl, then add the mustard greens on top. Pour the remaining soy sauce into the bowl.
- Hong Pork is ready to be served, good luck and enjoy ya moms. Enjoy Chinese New Year with your family.