Savory peanut brittle and crispy
Peanut brittle is the most delicious as a companion to eating rice. It tastes delicious and has a peanut sensation too. Most suitable as a substitute for crackers.
However, in making it, you must use the right ingredients. Misuse, the results of the project may not be optimal. Besides the ingredients, the frying technique must also be correct. If the technique is not correct, the peyek will not be crispy and tasty, instead the project will be oily and will become moist quickly.
So? What is the technique of frying and choosing the right ingredients for making peanut brittle? The following will share simple ways.
Starting from selecting ingredients first.
- 1 kilogram of rice flour. (Look for flour that seems to be of good quality. It can be seen from the brand. Prioritize halal and labeled BPOM)
- 5 kaffir lime leaves. (If you don't have lime leaves, you can replace it with chives)
- 1 egg
- 500 grams of peanuts.
- Cooking oil
For ground spices, here are the ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 kencur grains
- 1 hazelnut
After all the ingredients are collected, proceed to the stages how to make them.
How to make:
- Divide one bean into two parts. (The goal is to make the peanuts easily stick to the dough when it is frying) remove it, wash the beans thoroughly.
- Wash kaffir lime leaves or green onions. Then, cut into small pieces (If you use kaffir lime leaves, don't forget to remove the middle of the leaf)
- Put the rice flour into the pan with ground spices. (Remember, the spices must be smooth. Must be ground first) After the flour and spices are ground, add salt according to taste, flavor, egg and sliced lime leaves / onions.
- Give enough water. Stir not until there are lumps. Don't let the dough run low. Later, peanut brittle.
- Put in the split beans. Then stir the dough again. Before frying, try to taste the dough first. If it feels right to your taste, prepare a frying pan.
- Make sure the oil is hot. The fire is just moderate. Then, take the dough with a full ladle and place it on the edge of the pan, don't forget to pour it over with oil so that the dough doesn't stick.
- When the dough is not sticky, then it is led to the middle of the oil to go back and forth.