How To Make Spicy Chicken From Korea
Not only yangnyeom chicken, which is in South Korea there also has another and no less delicious processed chicken menu, the dakgangjeong chicken menu type with another name sweet spicy chicken.
Although only at a glance, the presentation is the same as the dakgangjeong chicken as well as the delicious chicken, but this is not the same, both from the taste or the mixture of sauce ingredients used for the coating.
Let's look at the following recipe for how to make spicy chicken in Korea that is delicious and adds to your taste.
Spicy Chicken Recipe From Korea
The materials you have to prepare are as follows:
- 1 kg of chicken wings, tip removed
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 garlic, chopped
- 76 grams of cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 dry red chilies, roughly chopped (if you want practical you can replace instant chili powder)
- 82 ml soy sauce
- 110 ml corn syrup (can also be pure honey)
- 3 tablespoons mirin (can be replaced with rice vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (can be replaced with brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- 55 grams of roasted peanuts, then roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- The oil for frying
Then the steps to make it are:
- Mix the chicken, pepper powder, ginger, and salt then store it in an air soundproof container for about 30 minutes.
- Then marinate, pour cornstarch into the marinated chicken. The rest is used to coat the chicken again before frying.
- Then heat the oil, fry the chicken for about 6 minutes until it turns golden. Then remove and drain. Fry the chicken again for about 4 minutes to make it more savory and crunchy. Remove then drain, leave for a while.
- Saute the garlic and dried chilies for about 30 seconds using a non-stick skillet.
- Add soy sauce, corn syrup, also mirin plus rice vinegar, cook for 3 minutes or until the sauce has become thick.
- Add brown sugar to the fried chicken then add it to the sauce that was still heated.
- Cook and stir gently for about 2 minutes until all of the sauce is evenly distributed to the chicken. Remove and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped nuts before serving.